Re-platform Decision Making - Industry Trends, Best Practices, and Pitfalls to Avoid
Over the past decade, the needs of online retailers have evolved As a result, the requirements for their eCommerce websites have evolved as well. Most retailers are finding that their legacy platforms are in desperate need of an upgrade, or in some cases, a complete overhaul. In fact, when surveyed, 52% of retailers expressed that the ecommerce platform would be their technology priority spend this year.
If you are the head of eCommerce or IT for an online retailer, this 30-minute workshop is for you. It will explore the core benefits and risks associated with choosing a new platform for your eCommerce business, and will be followed by a 15 minute Q&A.
Our workshop leaders intend on answering the following questions:
- What are the signs that your eCommerce site is ready for re-platforming?
- What should you consider when deciding between platforms?
- What data and conversion metrics can prove that a re-platform, if done correctly, can be beneficial to your bottom line?
- What are the steps a business should take when planning a major re-platform project? How can you minimize the costs and maximize resources?
- What are the best practices and pitfalls to avoid when undertaking an eCommerce re-platforming initiative?
Christopher Langway, VP - E-commerce Business Strategist, Optaros
Chris Langway has over 20 years experience in the retail, digital marketing and eCommerce industries. He currently serves as VP, eCommerce Business Strategist at Optaros, an eCommerce services company that conceives, designs, builds and supports eCommerce experiences for clients such as Macy’s, Stella & Dot, Nestle and Zoetis. In his current role, Chris works with current clients and prospects to devise effective strategies to accelerate eCommerce opportunities. Prior of Optaros Chris served as VP, eCommerce for Wolverine Worldwide’s performance + lifestyle group. Chris led global eCommerce business and operation for the Sperry Top- Sider, Stride Rite, Saucony, Keds, Robeez and Grasshoppers brands across the U.S. and Europe.
- Peter Beaugard, Director of Brand Strategy, Dooney & Bourke
- David Burbine, Web Director, Dooney & Bourke
Workshop Presented By: